Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Antenatal Class

Luckily a friend of mine told me about this class, else I won't be able to attend it because of its limited sessions in a year. For HUKM itself, they only offer 10 antenatal classes over a year which is about once every month. Mine was today! I supposed to attend this class with my newly married younger sister. Unfortunately towards the last few days she chicken out due to a wedding engagement. Well, at least i got a new friend during the class who also happen to have fallen into the same situation with mine to partner with. Her name is Yani and she is 24 years old.. OMG! I feel ancient already.. ahahaha

The class fees is RM100 and it's meant for 2 persons. I arrive around 930am since my dad has previous engagement early in the morning, and since my beloved and caring husband know that im gonna attend the class alone, he insisted the day before that i shouldn't be driving to HUKM by myself. Arghhh.. i love driving esp for short distance and some more to the HOSPITAL?? However, I love him so much so that i just follow lah.. ahahaha..

There are few things that I like about this class and am very glad that I took the effort to attend one;
  1. They brief you about pregnancy and all the common problems. During this session you may ask the Dr. any questions to clear out your existing doubts if u had one. I find this is more helpful as compared to reading the information from my pregnancy text book that my hubby bought for me earlier.
  2. They also have well experienced anesthetic to elaborate on pain relief options available in HUKM and how they go about it. I manage to grasp more reliable info on epidural since I am looking forward to have one during my labor process.
  3. They teach you proper technique on breastfeeding step by step. This is also very very helpful since i heard it is not an easy attempt to do so. And I am planning to commit myself into full breastfeed at least for the 1st 6 months to 2 years, hopefully, GOD please help me Ok!
  4. Demonstration on how to bathe our newborn, and how to clean the attached blood cord! This is also important as to make sure the BB in healthy and free from unnecessary infection later.
  5. Breathing technique during contractions and labor process. Also necessary stretching to prepare ourself for labor. hubby also get to learn on how to help his wife in reducing pain and going thru the whole process smoothly. Unfortunately for me, my hubby is not around. I do hope i may get the chance to walk thru all the info that i learn today before D day, so that he may be well participate in the laboring process later.
  6. Lastly, the nurses bring us to HUKM emergency for O&G for registration before the labor and also the labor room. In fact im quite impress with their facilities and setting, quite comfortable. So now i feel more safe.....
After the class end, I am able to anticipate more on the reality of D day! I can feel the excitement as well as the nervousness as my due date is becoming nearer. I just hope that everything will go smoothly. Till then. Nak tidoq la ngantuks... ahaha

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad and proud of mommy. being alone is not easy anyway. happy to hear that u went thru well.
    can't wait to be with u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi, tu lah.. Though I envy those who came with their spouse, i always know at heart that you would trade the world to be here with me! Just pray that you gonna be beside me when amirah comes into this world later.. love u, muahss

    ReplyDelete